Apex American Autos offers our customers inland freight services in the U.S. mainland & shipping to Australia from a number of ports in the US, namely Los Angeles & Oakland, California; Charleston, South Carolina; Baltimore, New Jersey and Miami, Florida into Sydney (Australia) for their vehicle. We operate monthly sailings and can offer competitive rates, with the best service available.
Considerations before shipping or buying :-
- Shipping may take between eight (8) to thirteen (13) weeks depending on where your car is located in the US, available container space, asbestos testing, import approval wait time and booking lead times. Also random US Customs inspections/seizures can hold containers for up to two (2) weeks if enforced
- You must have an original of the TITLE for your car before shipping, as vehicles will not pass US Customs clearance without a clear title (commonly called a ‘Pink’ in the US) ie. ‘no liens’
- An ‘Import Approval’, commonly called a ‘DOTAR’, from the Dept of Infrastructure must also be in your hands before shipping
- Currently vehicles are being inspected for asbestos and must be declared ‘Free’ before being shipped. Heavy fines will be applied if vehicles fail an inspection. We can offer compliancing services in the US prior to shipping, however costs can vary depending on the vehicle
- Vehicles in our ‘Cars Arriving’ category are also available FOR SALE and can be secured by placing a deposit on the vehicle. This will ensure that the vehicle is held for you until arrival and inspection. We offer a ‘full refund’ of the deposit in the event that the vehicle is not as described or pictured, or damaged in transit, without reservation.
- All our prices are in $AU and include GST landed our warehouse in Moss Vale, NSW